Books & Bibles
Fashion & Jewelry
Gifts & Giving
Home Decor & Accents
Kitchen & Gourmet
Beauty & Health
Shop Christian Books, Bibles, Jewelry, Church Supplies, Homeschool Curriculum & More!
Presents the opinions of educators on what every third-grade child should know, offering information on such subjects as history, fine arts, geography, math, science, and technology.
Give your child a smart start with
"What Your Third Grader Needs to Know"
What should your child learn in the third grade? How can you help him or her at home? This book answers these important questions and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that thousands of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American third graders. Featuring sixteen pages of full-color illustrations, a bolder, easier-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum, "What Your Third Grader Needs to Know" is designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children. Hundreds of thousands of children have benefited from the Core Knowledge Series. This edition, featuring a new Introduction, gives today's generation of third graders the advantage they need to make progress in school and to establish an approach to learning that will last a lifetime. In this book you'll discover
- Favorite poems--old and new, from the traditional Mother Goose rhyme "For Want of Nail" to Lewis Carroll's whimsical poem "The Crocodile"
- Literature--including Native American stories, African folktales, European fairy tales, classic myths from ancient Greece, stories from ancient Rome, and more
- Learning about language--the basics of written English, including sentence structure, parts of speech, and a first look at writing a report or letter
- World and American history and geography--journey down the great rivers of Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia, visit ancient Rome, and experience the earliest days of America with the Pilgrims and Native Americans
- Visual arts--an introduction to masterworks by Rembrandt, Henri Matisse, Mary Cassatt, and others, with full-color reproductions and fun, do-it-yourself activities
- Music--the fundamentals of appreciating, reading, and making music, plus great composers, instruments, and sing-along lyrics for songs such as "A Bicycle Built for Two" and "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands"
- Math--stimulating lessons ranging from counting money to solving division problems, numbers through 100,000, graphs, and the metric system
- Science--fascinating discussions on the natural world, the cycles of life, the human body and its systems, and the environment, with accompanying activities and stories about famous scientists such as Copernicus and Alexander Graham Bell
Buy What Your Third Grader Needs to Know (Revised Edition): Fundamentals of a Good Third-Grade Education by E. D. Hirsch from our Christian Books store - isbn: 9780385336260 & 0385336268
The team at Christian Bookstore .Net welcome you to our Christian Book store! We offer the best selections of Christian Books, Bibles, Christian Music, Inspirational Jewelry and Clothing, Homeschool curriculum, and Church Supplies. We encourage you to purchase your copy of What Your Third Grader Needs to Know (Revised Edition): Fundamentals of a Good Third-Grade Education by E. D. Hirsch today - and if you are for any reason not happy, you have 30 days to return it. Please contact us at 1-877-205-6402 if you have any questions.
Customer Support: 1-888-395-0572