Books & Bibles
Fashion & Jewelry
Gifts & Giving
Home Decor & Accents
Kitchen & Gourmet
Beauty & Health
Christian Bookstore .Net is a leading online Christian book store.
Shop Christian Books, Bibles, Jewelry, Church Supplies, Homeschool Curriculum & More!
A supplementary educational guide for parents, children, and teachers, a newly revised edition of the sixth volume in the popular series inspired by the best-seller
What should your child learn in the sixth grade? How can you help him or her at home? This book answers these important questions and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that thousands of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American sixth graders. Featuring sixteen pages of full-color illustrations, a bolder, easier-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum, What Your Sixth Grader Needs to Know, Revised Edition, is designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children. Hundreds of thousands of children have benefited from the Core Knowledge Series. This revised edition gives a new generation of sixth graders the advantage they need to make progress in school today, and to establish an approach to learning that will last a lifetime. Discover:
- Favorite Poems--old and new, from Edgar Allan Poe's classic "The Raven" to Maya Angelou's "Woman Work"
- Literature--from around the world, including Homer's epics the Iliad and the Odyssey, Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, and Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper
- Learning About Language--he rules of written English, including the four kinds of sentences, common English sayings and phrases, plus an introduction to Greek and Latin roots
- History and Geography--world history from ancient Greece and the fall of the Roman Empire to the Enlightenment and the French Revolution; American history of the post--Civil War era, including the Industrial Revolution, immigration, urbanization, and reform
- Visual Arts--a brief history of art, stretching from the classical period through the Renaissance, Baroque, and Romantic periods all the way to the age of realism, with full-color reproductions and discussions of great works by artists such as El Greco, Rembrandt, and Winslow Homer
- Music--understanding and appreciating music, including musical notation, chords, and scales--plus biographies of great composers such as Handel, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin
- Math--challenging lessons, ranging from probability and statistics, geometry, ratios and proportions to basic pre-algebra
- Science--fascinating discussions of plate tectonics, oceans, astronomy, the environment, the human body, and the immune system--plus short biographies of great scientists such as Marie Curie
Buy What Your Sixth Grader Needs to Know (Revised) by E. D. Hirsch from our Christian Books store - isbn: 9780385337328 & 0385337329
The team at Christian Bookstore .Net welcome you to our Christian Book store! We offer the best selections of Christian Books, Bibles, Christian Music, Inspirational Jewelry and Clothing, Homeschool curriculum, and Church Supplies. We encourage you to purchase your copy of What Your Sixth Grader Needs to Know (Revised) by E. D. Hirsch today - and if you are for any reason not happy, you have 30 days to return it. Please contact us at 1-877-205-6402 if you have any questions.
Customer Support: 1-888-395-0572