Books & Bibles
Fashion & Jewelry
Gifts & Giving
Home Decor & Accents
Kitchen & Gourmet
Beauty & Health
Christian Bookstore .Net is a leading online Christian book store.
Shop Christian Books, Bibles, Jewelry, Church Supplies, Homeschool Curriculum & More!
A fundamental understanding of the higher purpose and spiritual significance of money in human existence is at the heart of this remarkable book. Failure to understand these principles can be detrimental to oneself, to loved ones, and to the intended benefactors of philanthropic efforts. The distinction between essential and nonessential wealth is central to this discussion, and both the wealthy and the reader who aspires to be so are provided with standards to evaluate their own financial situations. A persuasive argument in favor of early and generous philanthropy is proposed, no matter the size of one's fortune. Insights from Aristotle, Cicero, St. Thomas Aquinas, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Andrew Carnegie, and others illuminate the purpose of wealth and the benefits of philanthropy to the giver, the receiver and the larger society.
Countless books tell you how to make money: only this one turns to the wisdom of the ages to illuminate for you the reasons you have money in the first place, and the role it's meant to play in your life and in the lives of others. Here, American entrepreneur and philanthropist Frank Hanna introduces you to a lean, no-nonsense explanation of the meaning of your money, and a guide for dealing with it constructively.
From a tradition rooted in ordinary virtue, common sense, and the pragmatism that allows societies to flourish, Hanna has skillfully drawn forth principles and criteria that will enable you to discover quickly and with confidence:
* Why you, in particular, have money
* What your money calls you to be, and why
* How to determine how much money is enough
* The three vocations of all those who have money (can you name even one of them?)
* How to shield yourself and your loved ones from the dangers inherent in wealth (and even make your wealth a school of virtue )
* How --- if philanthropy is your calling --- to give wisely (and ten rules of thumb that should guide all donors)
* Plus: much more to help you understand what your money means, and how to use it well.
Customer Support: 1-888-395-0572