Books & Bibles
Fashion & Jewelry
Gifts & Giving
Home Decor & Accents
Kitchen & Gourmet
Beauty & Health
Christian Bookstore .Net is a leading online Christian book store.
Shop Christian Books, Bibles, Jewelry, Church Supplies, Homeschool Curriculum & More!
Reflecting the suggestions of scores of parents and schools currently using the popular series to which it belongs, a revised edition of the educational guide features thirty-two pages of color photographs and illustrations to gain children's attention more easily. Reprint.
Give your child a smart start with
"What Your First Grader Needs to Know"
What will your child be expected to learn in the first grade? How can you help him or her at home? How can teachers foster active, successful learning in the classroom? This book answers these all-important questions and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that hundreds of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American first graders. Featuring a new Introduction, filled with opportunities for reading aloud and fostering discussion, this first-grade volume of the acclaimed Core Knowledge Series presents the sort of knowledge and skills that should be at the core of a challenging first-grade education. Inside you'll discover
- Favorite poems--old and new, such as "The Owl and the Pussycat," "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod," and "Thirty Days Hath September"
- Beloved stories--from many times and lands, including a selection of Aesop's fables, "Hansel and Gretel," "All Stories Are Anansi's," "The Tale of Peter Rabbit," and much more
- Familiar sayings and phrases--such as "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and "Practice makes perfect"
- World and American history and geography--take a trip down the Nile with King Tut and learn about the early days of our country, including the story of Jamestown, the Pilgrims, and the American Revolution
- Visual arts--fun activities plus full-color reproductions of masterworks by Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cezanne, Georgia O'Keeffe, and others
- Music--engaging introductions to great composers and music, including classical music, opera, and jazz, as well as a selection of favorite children's songs
- Math--a variety of activities to help your child learn to count, add and subtract, solve problems, recognize geometrical shapes and patterns, and learn about telling time
- Science--interesting discussions of living things and their habitats, the human body, the states of matter, electricity, our solar system, and what's inside the earth, plus stories of famous scientists such as Thomas Edison and Rachel Carson
Buy What Your First Grader Needs to Know: Fundamentals of a Good First-Grade Education by E. D. Hirsch, John Holdren & E. D. Hirsch from our Christian Books store - isbn: 9780385319874 & 0385319878
The team at Christian Bookstore .Net welcome you to our Christian Book store! We offer the best selections of Christian Books, Bibles, Christian Music, Inspirational Jewelry and Clothing, Homeschool curriculum, and Church Supplies. We encourage you to purchase your copy of What Your First Grader Needs to Know: Fundamentals of a Good First-Grade Education by E. D. Hirsch, John Holdren & E. D. Hirsch today - and if you are for any reason not happy, you have 30 days to return it. Please contact us at 1-877-205-6402 if you have any questions.
Customer Support: 1-888-395-0572