Books & Bibles
Fashion & Jewelry
Gifts & Giving
Home Decor & Accents
Kitchen & Gourmet
Beauty & Health
Christian Bookstore .Net is a leading online Christian book store.
Shop Christian Books, Bibles, Jewelry, Church Supplies, Homeschool Curriculum & More!
Chapters discuss different time periods in American history, focusing on typical foods and cooking styles. Includes recipes for such dishes as pumpkin bread, Virginia ham with cherry sauce, and buckwheat griddle cakes.
Serve up a heaping lesson of history with delicious recipes from our nation's past-- from the pilgrims' first feast to today's high-tech, low-fat fare
Who knew history could be so delicious? In The U.S. History Cookbook, you'll discover how Americans have lived and dined over the centuries. This scrumptious survey of periods and events in U.S. history mixes together a delectable batter of food timelines, kid-friendly recipes, and fun food facts throughout each chapter, including such fascinating tidbits as: Sunday was baked bean day in many colonial family homes; pioneers took advantage of the rough trails to churn milk into butter; the Girl Scouts first started selling cookies in the 1930s to save money for summer camp; and so much more
Kids will have a great time learning about the past while they cook up easy and yummy recipes, including:
* Cornmeal Blueberry Mush, a favorite dish of the Native Americans of the Northeast
* King Cake, the traditional cake served at the Mardi Gras Festival in New Orleans, Louisiana
* Amazing Country Scrambled Eggs, an essential part of any hearty pioneer breakfast
* Cocoanut Pudding, a favorite dessert of travelers riding the transcontinental railroad in the 1870s
* Baked Macaroni 'N' Cheese, a popular and inexpensive dish enjoyed during the Depression
The U.S. History Cookbook also includes information on cooking tools and skills, with important rules for kitchen safety and clean up.
Customer Support: 1-888-395-0572