Books & Bibles
Fashion & Jewelry
Gifts & Giving
Home Decor & Accents
Kitchen & Gourmet
Beauty & Health
Shop Christian Books, Bibles, Jewelry, Church Supplies, Homeschool Curriculum & More!
This new edition of Bart Ehrman's highly successful introduction approaches the New Testament from a consistently historical and comparative perspective, emphasizing the rich diversity of the earliest Christian literature. Rather than shying away from the critical problems presented by these books, Ehrman addresses the historical and literary challenges they pose and shows why scholars continue to argue over such significant issues as how the books of the New Testament came into being, what they mean, how they relate to contemporary Christian and non-Christian literature, and how they came to be collected into a canon of Scripture. Distinctive to this study is its emphasis on the historical, literary, and religious milieu of the Greco-Roman world, including early Judaism. As part of its historical orientation, this text also discusses works by other Christian writers who were roughly contemporary with the New Testament, such as the Gospel of Thomas, the Apocalypse of Peter, and the letters of Ignatius. The volume is enhanced by two color inserts, one on illuminated manuscripts and the other on archaeology.
New to this edition:
* Additional material on archaeology, including a new eight-page color insert
* "What to Expect" and "At a Glance" boxes that provide summaries of the material covered in each chapter
* A Website Study Guide at http://www.oup.com/us/ehrman, offering chapter summaries, glossary terms, guides for reading, and self-quizzes for students.
* Several new "Something to Think About" and "Some More Information" boxes
* More extensive treatments of Judaism and of the role of women in the history of early Christianity
* Nine new illustrations
* An Instructor's Manual containing chapter summaries, discussion questions, and possible examination questions
Ideal for undergraduate and seminary classes in the New Testament, Biblical Studies, and Christian Origins, The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings, 3/e, is an accessible, clearly written introduction that encourages students to consider the historical issues surrounding these writings.
Buy The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings by Bart D. Ehrman from our Christian Books store - isbn: 9780195154627 & 0195154622
The team at Christian Bookstore .Net welcome you to our Christian Book store! We offer the best selections of Christian Books, Bibles, Christian Music, Inspirational Jewelry and Clothing, Homeschool curriculum, and Church Supplies. We encourage you to purchase your copy of The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings by Bart D. Ehrman today - and if you are for any reason not happy, you have 30 days to return it. Please contact us at 1-877-205-6402 if you have any questions.
Customer Support: 1-888-395-0572