Books & Bibles
Fashion & Jewelry
Gifts & Giving
Home Decor & Accents
Kitchen & Gourmet
Beauty & Health
Christian Bookstore .Net is a leading online Christian book store.
Shop Christian Books, Bibles, Jewelry, Church Supplies, Homeschool Curriculum & More!
Christianity and Eastern Religions pamphlet
A detailed comparison of Christianity with 11 groups including the major types of Hinduism and Buddhism, including:
? Origins; Founder; Other Major Historical Figures; Sacred Writings; Key Beliefs on God and the Purpose of Life/Salvation, Distinctive Practices and Major Celebrations, Denominations, and Number of Adherents
? Focus on the Dalai Lama
? Profiles of other Eastern religions, including: - Sikhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Shinto, as well as beliefs and practices such as reincarnation and karma, yoga, Eastern meditation
The Growth of Eastern Religions and What it Means to Christians
A century ago the average person knew little to nothing about eastern religions like Buddhism or Hinduism. But as globalization has brought the East the West together, eastern religious teachings and practices have rapidly influenced western culture and beliefs over the twentieth century. For example, in 1900 an estimated 1% of North Americans believed in Hindu or Buddhist reincarnation compared with approximately 25% of the U.S. population today who believe in reincarnation. With missionary zeal, Hindu gurus and Buddhist monks-such as the Dali Lama of Tibetan Buddhism and the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi of Transcendental Meditation-have traveled to the West to spread their religions. Some eastern religious beliefs and practices have been popularized in western culture through forms such as meditation, feng shui, martial arts, acupuncture, and Asian medicine. But the foundational beliefs of the eastern religious worldview remain in stark contrast to the Christian worldview.
This pamphlet helps Christians understand their own beliefs as well as those of other religions.
Use this pamphlet to teach the Scriptural basis for why Christians --
1. Believe there is a God who is personal, powerful, and has a fatherly interest in our lives.
2. Believe that there is only one physical life, and then the judgment.
3. That man can never be good enough to evolve to perfection, inner peace, or pleasing God.
4. Believe that Christ is the only way.
5. Believe that Christ is the means to inner peace, blessedness, and pleasing God.
A detailed comparison of Christianity with the major types of Hinduism and Buddhism, including:
- Founder & Key Writings -- Who is God? -- How to be saved? -- What happens after death -- Other interesting beliefs and practices
- Profiles of current religions and cults, including: - Transcendental Meditation, Hare Krishna, Self-Realization Fellowship, Soka Gakkai
- Focus on the Dalai Lama and Tibetan Buddhism
- Profiles of other Eastern religions, including: - Jainism, Sikhism, Falun Gong, Confucianism, Taoism, Shinto, as well as beliefs and practices such as Reincarnation and karma, Feng Shui, yoga, Eastern meditation
Buy Christianity & Eastern Religions Pamphlet (5 Pack) by Rose Publishing from our Christian Books store - isbn: 9781596361928 & 1596361921
The team at Christian Bookstore .Net welcome you to our Christian Book store! We offer the best selections of Christian Books, Bibles, Christian Music, Inspirational Jewelry and Clothing, Homeschool curriculum, and Church Supplies. We encourage you to purchase your copy of Christianity & Eastern Religions Pamphlet (5 Pack) by Rose Publishing today - and if you are for any reason not happy, you have 30 days to return it. Please contact us at 1-877-205-6402 if you have any questions.
Customer Support: 1-888-395-0572